I’ve been working right out of my living for over eight months now. There are quite a few ways I’ve used my computer to wrangle some extra income — from building my own websites, to playing mehaiteaw the stock market, to finding freelance work with sites like GetAFreelancer and Guru. Today though, I will talk about definitely the way to bring in some dough: playing contest poker.
I’ve played poker for almost ten years, but it weren’t until a couple years ago that i started to really understand some complex concepts. (One funny thing I noticed when i started to learn good investing strategy is that it’s very like good poker strategy! It makes sense, I guess, simply both involve good money management. )
Expert poker is built upon three basic levels of thought:
- What do i have?
- What does my opponent have?
- What does my opponent think that I have?
It can go on forever from here, of course, since the next one would be “What does my opponent think that I think they have? inch and so forth — but this is where it starts. Let’s address these in turn.
(1) What do you have? Obviously your hand strength is an important variable, but it’s not the most important. If you have a lock, your main concern is exploiting your profit. With a lemon, it’s easy to overlooked. The tough part is making the most of it when you have a hand you’re not sure about. This is where the experts show their strength.
(2) What does my opponent have? If your opponent has nothing, it doesn’t even matter what you hold. You can’t get paid off on your quad sixes if he missed his flush anyway. Figuring out how much your opponent is able to invest is a crucial part of determining your playing size.
(3) What does my opponent think that I have? An smart player will recognize when he is beat much more quickly. By watching how your opponent behaves to certain situations, and by examining points 1 and 2 closely, you should be able to make an educated guess as to how to approach them. A good player might throw away that flush if you bet your quads too strongly; another player might think a smallish bet screams “call me! inch but he’ll almost certainly pay off that huge, “obvious bluff”.
I made over $15, 000 dollars playing poker in six months, and I never played a contest larger than $50. Check out sites like 2 + 2 Publishing and PocketFives for message boards and links to poker sites. Poker is the new sport, except now anyone can be an athlete — from home!
If you need money now, like Come on, man yearly hour, try what Used to do. I am making more money now than in my old business and you can too, read the amazing, true story, in the link below. When i joined I was hesitant for only ten seconds before I realized what he did this. I was smiling from ear to ear and you will too.
Imagine doubling your money every week with no or little risk! To discover a verified list of Million Dollar Corps getting you their products at 75% commission to you. Take a look through below to learn How you will begin compounding your capital towards your first Million Dollars at the easy corporate money program.